ABSTRACTS & PAPERS FOR PEER REVIEW
Professionals, students, young professionals, institutes, universities and organisations are invited to submit abstracts and share their experience under the technical streams listed below. Selected and presented PEER REVIEWED papers will be published after the conference by Informit/RMIT.
The abstracts themes are listed below:
Challenging the normal
- – Pushing the boundaries
- – Beyond the boundaries of standards and codes
- – What engineers do when the structure does not meet the norms and when the standards may not be applicable
- – The unconventional, the unthinkable, the creative
- – Future direction; future challenges
- – Adopting unconventional means to a new situation
- – Engineering education and development for the future
Modern methods and materials
- – Advances in the use of materials and design methods in engineering
- – Design and construction techniques for improved efficiency and performance
Engineering for extreme events
- – Engineering for wind, earthquake, fire, tsunami, flood and blast/explosion.
- – Engineering for structures to protect life and to protect the asset
Forensic Engineering – Lessons from failure/success
- – Important lessons can be learned from what went wrong, how it could be done better in the future
- – Investigation of failures, and historical performance & what can be learned
- – Projects and/or design where the structural design was astoundingly successful
The Large – The Complex
- – Design and delivery challenges of large and ‘mega’ projects that consume large amounts of resources and money
- – Taller-Wider-Longer
- – Engineering Large infrastructure structures – buried and above ground
- – Design on complex structures (small/large)
Structural health monitoring
- – Extending the life of structures by measuring what is happening and optimising maintenance costs
- – Understanding and managing the risks associated with ageing assets
SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT FOR REVIEW
To make a submission please click on this link to down the abstract submission template.
To make an abstract submission, please click on this link to commence the submission process:
Terms and Conditions
Authors are offered the option of publication of only a full technical/scientific paper.
All those submitting abstracts or papers are also requested to provide a short biography (no more than 100 words) that will be published in both the conference program and the conference proceedings.
General policies and requirements
- All submissions must be original work.
- All submissions must be completed electronically via the online submission facility.
- An abstract must contain sufficient information so that if published it will be a complete report independent of presentation.
The text should not contain statements alluding to results nor conclusions that refer to results that are not presented within the text.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges consent to publication of the full paper in the conference proceedings
- Should your abstract be accepted, only PEER REVIEWED full papers will be published on RMIT Informit Database.
All authors must read and accept the Copyright Licence Agreement in order to be published on the RMIT Informit database.
This agreement will be sent with the letter of acceptance.
- The presenting author will be required to register for the conference.
Presenters who have not registered by the deadline date will be removed from the program.
- The abstract should describe objectives, results, conclusions, innovative steps and the significance of your work.
Short abstracts will be de-weighted in the selection process.
- All abstracts and papers must be prepared according to the template provided.
Abstracts and papers will only be accepted and published if submitted using the correct format in the supplied template.
- The Conference Organisers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or
for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
Call for Abstracts opens – 19 July 2017
Conference Registration opens – To be advised
Abstract submission deadline – 29 September 2017
Abstract review / acceptance – November 2017
Full paper submission deadline – 31 March 2018
Full paper review completed – 30 April 2018
Edited Final paper submission – 31 May 2018
Full paper acceptance – June 2018
Speakers notified of session allocation – July 2018
ASEConference – 25 September -28 September 2018