Abstract submissions are closed
Abstract submissions closed 11:59 PM AEST Tuesday 14 June.
All abstract submissions will be reviewed by the ASEC Technical Committee. The Technical Committee may accept or reject abstracts and their decision is final. The outcome of abstract submissions will be emailed in June 2022.
Find out more about the ASEC 2022 theme and subthemes.
An oral presentation consists of a brief presentation and question and answer time. Presentation slides are mandatory. Video clips, props and graphs are encouraged but not compulsory. A paper submission is required to deliver an oral presentation.
A poster presentation consists of visual information (photos, graphics, text, references tables and figures) that will be displayed on the virtual platform. Posters should include a summary of key findings (whether from research, investigations, studies or project work) and recommendations for future research or projects. A paper is not required for a poster presentation though a paid registration from the presenting author is still required.
General Policies and Requirements for Abstract Submission
- Presenting authors are required to register and pay to attend the Conference by 19 September 2022 (co-authors are not required to register, though co-presenters are). Presenters that remain unregistered after the deadline will have their submission removed from the program and Conference proceedings.
- Presenting authors are entitled to the discounted early bird registration rate
- Authors can submit multiple abstracts but may only deliver a maximum of two presentations (one as the primary author and a second as a co-presenter). If deemed appropriate by the Technical Committee, all other abstracts may be offered as a poster.
- Following abstract acceptance, a paper must be submitted to present an oral at ASEC 2022, delivering a poster does not require a paper.
- A presentation may be delivered by a maximum of two presenting authors, however, both presenters must be registered to attend the Conference.
- If the abstract is selected, consent is provided for the presentation slides, video, audio recording and photos taken during the presentation to be used and published by Engineers Australia including being provided to delegates of ASEC 2022.
- Online submission is the only method for submitting abstracts for ASEC 2022.
How to submit an abstract
All abstracts submitted for ASEC 2022 must follow the Abstract Submission Guidelines and must be prepared using the ASEC 2022 Abstract Template.
- Create an EventsAIR account to submit an abstract.
- Upon creating an account submitting authors will receive a confirmation email that the account creation has been successful. Please check the spam or junk folder if not received. Please contact [email protected] if unable to locate the confirmation email.
- Follow the steps in the portal to provide contact details (including a passport style photograph in high resolution) and submit an abstract.
- The abstract must be written in English.
- The presenting author must ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly.
- Presenting authors must provide a biography (maximum of 100 words) at the time of abstract submission.
- Upon successful abstract submission, the submitting author will receive a confirmation email. Check junk or spam folders if not received. Please contact [email protected] if unable to locate the confirmation email.
- The abstract should not be resubmitted for any reason.
- The outcome of abstract submissions will be emailed in June 2022.
- By submitting an abstract authors agree to the General Policies and Requirements listed above and the Speaker/Author Agreement (found in the abstract submission guidelines).
- Presenting authors are required to register and pay to attend the Conference by 19 September 2022 (co-authors are not required to register, though co-presenters are).
- Presenters that remain unregistered after the deadline will have their submission removed from the program and Conference proceedings.
- Following abstract acceptance a paper must be submitted to present at ASEC 2022.
- Failure to submit a paper will result in removal from the program.
ASEC 2022 Proceedings
All accepted papers submitted for ASEC 2022 will be published via the RMIT Informit Engineering Collection within approximately three months following the conference.
Papers published on RMIT Informit Engineering Collection are findable via Google Scholar (and Google); NLA; EBSCO; OCLC; Summon and other database aggregators and search engines.
Members of Engineers Australia can claim CPD hours for presenting at and attending ASEC 2022.