Abstract submissions are invited for the Australasian Structural Engineering Conference (ASEC 2020), ‘Engineering Evolution’ being held from 10-13 November 2020 at the Crown Conference Centre, Melbourne Australia.
The deadline for abstract submission is April 2020.
Abstracts for ASEC 2020 must be submitted under one of the following sub-themes:
- Transportation Infrastructure
- Engineering 4.0
- Forensic and Research
An oral presentation consists of a brief talk and question and answer session. Presentation slides, video clips and props are encouraged but not compulsory.
A poster presentation consists of visual information (photos, graphics, text, tables and figures) that will be displayed at the Conference in a poster format.
General Policies and Requirements for Abstract Submission
- Authors may only submit one abstract.
- A maximum of two people can present an abstract but both presenters must be registered to attend the Conference.
- If the abstract is selected, consent is provided for the presentation slides (for oral presenters), video, audio recording and photos taken during the oral presentation/poster presentation to be used and published by ASEC 2020 including being provided to delegates of ASEC 2020.
- Online submission is the only method for submitting abstracts for ASEC 2020.
How to submit an abstract for ASEC 2020
- An eOrganiser account must be created in order to submit an abstract.
- Upon creating an eOrganiser account submitting authors will be asked to verify their email address. If a verification email is not received, please check the spam or junk folder.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- All abstracts must be prepared in the format specified in the Abstract Submission Guidelines.
- The abstract must be written in English.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly.
- Authors must provide a biography (maximum of 100 words) and photograph (a passport style photograph in high resolution up to 2MB) at the time of abstract submission. Photos and bios for co-authors may also be provided but are optional.
- Upon abstract submission, authors will be sent a confirmation email containing their abstract in a PDF file. Please contact [email protected] if a confirmation email is not received.
- The abstract should not be resubmitted for any reason other than if notified of a submission error.
- Authors can view or edit their abstracts by returning to their eOrganiser account and by selecting 'Submissions'. Edits can be made to abstracts until the review process begins.
- By submitting an abstract authors agree to the General Policies and Requirements listed above and the Speaker/Author Agreement.
- Accepted presenters must be registered for the Conference by 1 August 2020.
- All presenting authors are required to register and pay to attend the Conference to ensure their abstract is included in the final program, no funding or discounts are available to presenters.
Members of Engineers Australia can claim CPD hours for presenting at and attending ASEC 2020.